We are looking for someone who likes to brew with creativity and who is comfortable having a large amount of control over recipe design. We aim to create a variety of innovative brews with a lot of rotational products and a focus on heavily dry-hopped beers, IPA’s, sours, mixed-fermentation and barrel aged beers. We have a fantastic location! We are currently renovating a 4800 square foot auto garage in downtown Moncton.
- Completion of a recognized brewing program. Combination of education and/or comparable brewing experience will also be considered.
- Prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Appear at and/or participate in promotional/industry events.
- Prepared to follow continuous training and keep up with industry innovations.
- Focus on supporting, building and promoting the brand.
- Follow all safety procedures and coordinate with company OHS to ensure safe working environment.
- Brewhouse operations: milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpool, knockout, grainout, and brewhouse CIP.
- Cellaring: to include fermenter/conditioning tank CIP and sanitation, gravity monitoring, fermentation monitoring(including glycol control), crashing, dry-hopping procedures, yeast management, record keeping, carbonation.
- Packaging: kegging, bottling, canning.
- Quality assurance: process sampling, yeast viability, yeast management, yeast harvesting, tasting etc...
- Recipe formulation.
- Create and manage a brew schedule.
- Detailed record keeping(inventory, brew logs etc...)
- Communicate and plan with management and staff.
- Mentor and train junior brew floor co-workers.
- Must be willing to pitch in on tasks that are outside core responsibilities.
- Maintain equipment and troubleshoot any problems.
- Handle procurement of all raw materials, packaging, chemicals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience in yeast handling.
- Impeccable cleaning and sanitizing abilities.
- Science/Lab background.
- Mechanical ability. Ability to lift 55lbs with regularity. Comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- Barrel/Wild/Mixed fermentation experience a huge asset along with a competency using fruit, spices, barrels, brettanomyces, lactobacillus and other adjuncts to create desired flavour profiles.
- Familiarity with bottling equipment and canning lines.
- Comfortable locating to Moncton, New Brunswick.
Please direct all submissions to email@example.com