Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Seaport Beer Festival 2013 Impressions

This was the second year I attended the Seaport Beer Festival (SBF). It moved to the Cunard Centre this year. In my opinion it lost some of its informal character but gained weather predictability. The admittance to the Centre was well managed and fast. The centre itself is a good venue, it is cavernous and the space was well used but there was a few bottlenecks around the local beer area with a lot of congestion. The only other item was it was way to warm in the building on Friday, I am not sure if that can be remedied.

The beer that were hilights for me that I got to try:
- Big Spruce Brewing Cereal Killer Oatmeal Stout
- Boxing Rock Temptation Red Ale
- Garrison Comet to the Moon DIPA (special cask)
- Picaroons Yippee IPA

I tried a variety of other brews from Ontario, Quebec and Ireland. They was some great beers but I like to stick to local. At SBF there was four food vendors The Food Wold, Q BBQ, Bramoso Pizza and Stubborn Goat. I have to say they were all delicious and great offerings in the five dollar range.

I was a bit disappointed, my own fault as it was advertised, that some of the local vendors I was really looking forward to were there on Saturday only. I will have to remember that for next year. Another thing that happened was some of the beers I was looking forward to trying were gone in an hour into a two and a half hour event.

Over all it was a good event anfd I look forward to next year.