Here are the highlights from this years report.
- Net income (earnings) totaled $241.3 million; up $13.3 million or 5.8%
- Total sales were $607.6 million; an increase of $16.3 million or 2.8%
- Total volume of alcohol sold was up 1.7%
Local Product Sales Highlights
- Nova Scotia wine sales (made with locally grown grapes) grew by 8.7% to $9.6 million.
- Nova Scotia craft beer sales grew by 25.5% to $7.6 million.
- Nova Scotia spirit sales grew by 177.3% to $1.5 million.
- Nova Scotia commercial wine sales (produced here with imported grapes) were up 7.3% to $21.7 million.
- Nova Scotia commercial beer sales were stable in 2015-2016, at $160.5 million.
- Nova Scotia ready-to-drink products, which are largely ciders, had a strong year with sales increasing by 44.4%. The popularity of ciders in Nova Scotia continues to grow, and now comprises 22 percent of all ready-to-drink sales.