Sunday, May 28, 2017
Maritime Brewers Bring Home National Awards
The 2017 Canadian Brewing Awards were handed out last evening at the end of the 15th annual conference. the awards had 55 categories for beer with an additional 6 for ciders. The Brewery of the Year went to Mt. Begbie Brewing from British Columbia and Beer of the Year was Indie Ale House's Spadina Monkey.
Local brewers successful in bringing home a lot of awards including many gold. The following list is of all the local breweries and their awards:
- Brasseurs du Petit-Sault won Bronze with La Kedgwick in European Style Lager (Pilsner).
- Boxing Rock Brewing captured Gold with Stayin’ Alive is Bock – Traditional German Style category
- Uncle Leo’s Brewery also grabbed Gold with its Vohs Weizenbier in the Wheat Beer – German Style (Weiss) category
- North Brewing had a double Gold night winning in the Belgian Style Abbey Ale/Pale Ale category with Gus’ 65m Ale and in Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer category with its newly rebranded Midnight Glenora Barrel Aged Strong Dark Belgian.
- PEI Brewing had a triple award outing with a Silver for Patience in Belgian-Style Brett Beer category, a Bronze in the Session India Pale Ale category for Vic Park APA, and another Bronze in Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer for Hell Street.
- Propeller Brewing won Bronze for its Porter in the Porter category.
- Pump House Brewery took Gold in the Dry Stout category with their Muddy River Stout.
- Moosehead Breweries won a pair of Bronze awards for Moosehead Lager in North American Style Premium Lager category and for Moosehead Cracked Canoe in the Light (Calorie-Reduced) Lager category.
Nova Scotia cideries Bulwark Cider and Ship Builders Cider did very well in the cider category. Bulwark Cider took Silver with Bulwark Original for New World Cider, Bulwark Blush took Gold in Cider with Other Fruit, a Bronze for Bulwark Hopped in the Cider with Herbs/Spices, and Gold in Specialty Cider for Bulwark Rum Cider.
Ship Builders Cider took a Gold and a Bronze in Sid’s Chai Cider in Cider with Herbs/Spices and Sid’s Wild Blueberry Cider in Cider with Other Fruit respectively.
View full results here http://www.momandhops.ca/winners-announced-2017-canadian-brewing-awards/